Cape Town is the proud and gracious hostess of an international 10km PEACE Run / Walk. We challenge you to experience Africa’s beautiful Mother City as never before, by running for PEACE in the Sanlam Cape Town 10km PEACE RUN.
Join the global community of thousands of people in countries across the world, who traditionally come together to run 10km races to commemorate the United Nation’s International Day of Peace on 23rd of September 2018.
This heartfelt and unifying 10km PEACE RUN is open to all runners ranging across elite athletes to social runners / walkers. The 10km PEACE RUN provides a flat and fast route, where you will be able to take in the natural beauty of the Atlantic seaboard. By running this event you will experience the vibrant spirit of the Cape Town community in a unique way and also contribute towards PEACE.
The Sanlam Cape Town 10km PEACE Run takes place on Sunday, 23rd September, 2018
- Race starts at 07h10
- Start: Corner of Granger Bay Blvd and Fritz Sonnenberg Road, Green Point, Cape Town
- Finish: Vlei Road, Cape Town Stadium Precinct, Green Point
- Cut off time – Duration is 1 hour 50 minutes – this will be strictly monitored
- Open to elite athletes; registered and unregistered runners of 14 years of age and over
- RUN GREEN: The Sanlam Cape Town Marathon event is a climate neutral event. We are encouraging all runners to help us support the #RunGreen
- Rewards include prize money, goodie bags, giveaways and medals
- Payment of Prize money: Money will only be transferred once full doping results are received
- Time Chips: A temporary chip is included in the package and will be supplied at registration.
- No upgrades or downgrades will be processed
- Substitutions will be done between 21st & 27th AUGUST 2018. No refunds will be processed. An admin fee will be charged for substitution entries.