- Guaranteed Entry into the 42,2km Marathon
- Polar FT7 HR Heart Rate Monitor
- JAG Foundation Running Vest
- A pair of Running Socks
- Timing Chip *This does not include ASA Temporary Licence Fees of R65
*The Polar FT7 HR does not come with any product guarantee or warranty
The Sanlam Cape Town Marathon (42.2km) is a prestigious global city race open to a range of running enthusiasts from elite athletes to social runners. Along the spectacular route, you will take in the famous natural beauty of Cape Town’s mountains and sea, as well as many of the city’s great attractions.
Running the marathon is unique way to experience the gorgeous highlights and the vibrant spirit of one of Africa’s most visited and most celebrated city. It is an ideal race both for athletes who aim to achieve fast times, and for first-timers who want to finish their inaugural marathon. The route is wheelchair-friendly, and the 6 hour 30 minute cut-off time can accommodate the social runner.
The Sanlam Cape Town Marathon takes place on Sunday, 23rd September, 2018
- Race starts at 06h40
- Start: Beach Road, corner of Granger Bay and Beach Road, Green Point, Cape Town
- Finish: Vlei Road, Cape Town Stadium precinct, Green Point
- Cut off time – Duration is 6 hours 30 minutes
- CUT OFF TIMES: Due to IAAF requirements the race organisers will be strictly enforcing cut-off times in certain locations. There will be pick up busses for all athletes that do not make the cut-off times at the following points. Roving pick-ups will also take place.
MARATHON – CUT-OFF PLACE
At 9km (Darling Street, outside City Hall)
At 14.8km (Baxter Theatre , Main Road, Rondebosch)
At 20.5km (Red Cross Children’s Hospital at Rondebosch Common)
At 29.5km (Albert Rd just before Lower Church Street turnoff)
At 32.5km (Neptune Road, Paarden Eiland)
At 37.2km (Civic Road, City Centre)
- Open to elite athletes; registered and unregistered runners, as well as wheelchair racers of 20 years of age and over
- Rewards include prize money, goodie bags, giveaways and medals
- Payment of Prize money: Money will only be transferred once full doping results are received
- Timing chips are being used and will be placed on the back of your race number – please note if chip is tampered with no result or position will be recorded.
- Manual entries close on 13th August, or when the maximum entry limit has been reached. NO LATE ENTRIES accepted.
- REGISTRATION and collection of race numbers takes place on the 20th, 21st & 22nd September at the Sanlam Cape Town Marathon EXPO & Registration at the Century City Conference Centre
- RUN GREEN: The Sanlam Cape Town Marathon event is a climate neutral event. We are encouraging all runners to help us support the #RunGreen campaign.
- Athletes are able to off-set their carbon footprint by taking the #RUN4CHANGE pledge
- Qualifying race for 2019 Old Mutual Two Oceans, Comrades Ultra-Marathons and several IAAF accredited marathons around the world
- No upgrades or downgrades will be processed.
- Substitutions will be done between 21st & 27th AUGUST 2018. No refunds will be processed. An admin fee will be charged for substitution entries.